Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Here's a few new things I've been working on:


Paris Hilton- a "flattering" caricature. Ehhh I'm still trying to get better at this stuff; I thought ms. Hilton would be easy to draw cause she's so wacky looking and has such intense features but it ended up being hard to get the resemblance cause she kind of already looks so weird without any exaggeration. I like the colours though.



Paris Hilton- "unflattering" caricature; the nosebleed is my favourite part for sure.



For starters, I'm gonna point out that I had to do this picture twice because the first one disappeared during my nightly bike ride home. Heartbreak and horror! I prevailed though...I THINK this looks better than the first attempt even though I'll never know for sure.
I guess I have to explain this picture or else I'll seem like a psycho for posting it: basically, we were given a song ("Coin Operated Boy"; duhhh Captain Obvious to the rescue!) and we had to visually re-imagine the lyrics of the song in a way that still made sense and pertained to what it was talking about.
Seeing as "Coin Operated Boy" is basically about a girl who's addicted to her dildo but realizes it's never going to fill the gaping void in her soul, I decided to make an uber Christian PSA poster...a warning to everyone that masturbation is just the beginning of the slippery slope towards Hell no matter how great it is in the moment (clearly I'm just using my art as another form of sarcasm but, I can see hardcore Bible-thumpers taking this seriously too).

No comments:

Post a Comment